Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region PATTERN not showing

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
27913 Views, 21 Replies

Filled Region PATTERN not showing

I have just started marking up some building sections and in some areas I am using filled regions as a substitute for model surface patterns. However, when I create a filled region, no matter which one I choose, they always show up as solid white. I can select it, see the boundaries, etc., I just cannot see the patterns in these building section views. The pattern is set to black and is opaque. The scale of the pattern works in other drawings at the same drawing scale.

There is a template applied to the building sections in which I have thoroughly inspected to make sure everything is turned on. All Detail Items and Annotations are turned on. No filters are applied. The scale of the drawing is 1/8" = 1' 0." The filled region types show up correctly in all other drawings except for these. I turned the template on/off and it made no difference. 

I have tried everything I can think of, but nothing else comes to mind at this point. 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the View Template set to Realistic?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

It is set to Hidden Line with Fine Detail Level

Message 4 of 22
ToanDN

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous

That was it. Thank you very much!!

Message 6 of 22
christian_serena

Hi, I am having the same problem here, but it seems that your advice doesnt work. 

Here you have the file myhouse that describe the plan and wall composition that describes the wall layers.

I need to see layers properly detailed in the plan.

Does anyone have an idea on how to show it up?

Thanks in advance

christian

myhouse.pngwall composition.png

Message 7 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: christian_serena

Change the view to Medium or Fine detail level. It is currently Coarse.
Message 8 of 22
christian_serena

It works! thank you! Man Happy

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous

I read each thread posted. However, even though the information shared here is very helpful, I tried all your suggestions and the filled region in Drafting View is showing as shown attached below. I'm using Revit 2017.2 and the Drafting View is 1"=1'-0". I checked VG and the Fill Pattern Graphics (Pattern Overrides Visible Checkbox is checked). 

Is this a Revit glitch? 

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

+1

Message 11 of 22
Petronio10

It worked great!! I was puzzled for a while.

Message 12 of 22
matsuplats

Okay, what does the +1 mean? I've tried all the above suggestions, but nothing is working and region pattern is not showing unless I select the area.

Thanks

Message 13 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: matsuplats

Check the view filters and see if any of them has surface pattern box unchecked.

Message 14 of 22
matsuplats

The filters seem to all be checked. Not sure where to go from here.

Message 15 of 22
matsuplats

So when I click the "reveal constraints" the pattern shows up in the detail, but it doesn't mask the things behind it.

Message 16 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: matsuplats

- Select the filled regions, right click, Override elements in view, Reset

- To mask: edit the filled region type, tick Masking box

Message 17 of 22
JohnGoldman3422

I have the same problem. I made a fiiled region pattern type. it works on plan views, but not on elevation. it basically is a hatch diognal lien pattern region. I neened the background to be transparent, so I used white color(not sure if this is the best way but it worked on plan view). However, on realistic elevetion view it masks the region as complete white color. I already checked the override otipn for pattern, and its marked visible for both forgroung and background.

Message 18 of 22
ToanDN
in reply to: JohnGoldman3422

@JohnGoldman3422 wrote:

I have the same problem. I made a fiiled region pattern type. it works on plan views, but not on elevation. it basically is a hatch diognal lien pattern region. I neened the background to be transparent, so I used white color(not sure if this is the best way but it worked on plan view). However, on realistic elevetion view it masks the region as complete white color. I already checked the override otipn for pattern, and its marked visible for both forgroung and background.

Please start a new topic. What you ask has nothing to do with this topic. Thanks.

Message 19 of 22
neilmpenny1

Yes! Checking the masking box worked. Thank you!!!

Message 20 of 22

I have exactly the same problem. In Elevation views, patterns show up in Hidden Line, Shaded, and Consistent Colors. Fill regions are solid white in Textures and Realistic display options. View overrides don't help. A bug in my opinion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report