Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Material Issue when I import the family file to Project file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aadityangokul
364 Views, 4 Replies

Family Material Issue when I import the family file to Project file

Hi all,
Please let me know a solution for this, I have created a family with materials (image added as a material). When I view it in family it's perfect, but when I load into project the image which is added as a material is not visible and after making some changes in family is not getting changed.

I have also saved a material library, so not to lose any of the materials which I have created. I have also saved the same family with different name and brought into project which doesn't work. 

Have anyone faced like this?, or if anyone is know with the solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joey_JM
in reply to: aadityangokul

Could it be that there is a material with the same name already residing in the project? Is the material associated with a parameter? If so, is it an instance or type parameter?

Message 3 of 5
aadityangokul
in reply to: Joey_JM

I have created a separate material library for those models and then only imported.
And yes i tried by giving as a instance parameter also, but doesn't work
Message 4 of 5
Joey_JM
in reply to: aadityangokul

What category is the family you are creating? How is it modelled, ie. directly in Revit or is there imported geometry (eg. mesh)? I assume the image is added as a texture under the Appearance tab. If so, is it tiled? Is the texture aligned to a surface pattern. Lastly, there is an issue whereby surface patterns (and i guess any associated textures) alignment can vary between the family/component editor and the project environment. Could it be that this texture is simply out of alignment and thereby not visible. Without seeing the actual file it is a little challenging to troubleshoot this one. Any chance you could upload?

Message 5 of 5
aadityangokul
in reply to: Joey_JM

I will check this out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators