Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family - Dynamic Parametric Array

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
902 Views, 5 Replies

Family - Dynamic Parametric Array

Hi - this may be difficult for the forum format, but even conceptual guidance would help. I'm reasonably experienced with Revit basics, but fairly inexperienced with parametrics. My goal is: A wall of equally sized cabinet boxes where individual boxes can stretch between min and max limits (let's say 2-3') to fit various overall room widths. I understand how to make dynamic, stretchable families. I'm clear on the array function in families. I'm unclear on how to get them to work together and how to set the dimension min / max limits for individual boxes. If someone can even point me to a tutorial that would address these issues it would be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you know how to use "IF" function in MS Excel? if you already know how, then you can clearly know how to sets limits on the Revit parameters.

they were the same logic.

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN

Here is a simple one that will array to fit the Length and limit the Unit Width to 3'-0" max.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN - Awesome, that family perfectly describes what i'm trying to do.  I'm trying to reverse engineer it to learn how to make this. I keep hitting a problem where when I array, the units lose their willingness to flex in length.  I know this is something basic but I'm struggling to figure out the issue.  Screenshots attached.

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

I am making a screencast and waiting for it to upload.  Uploaded.  Take a look at the screencast and see if answers your questions.  Come back and ask if you need anything to be clarified.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Beautiful, thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators