Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Creation - Lines lose lock alignment at 90 degrees.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pciemierkiewicz
388 Views, 5 Replies

Family Creation - Lines lose lock alignment at 90 degrees.

Hi, Ive been trying to create a 2d drafting family with 2 legs that are fully adjustable. (think table from elevation) Now id like to adjust the angle of these legs as the project im working on has alot of custom angles. Ive created the annotation family, and it does work but only in odd numbers. If i have the leg angle of 1-89 and 91-179 degrees, it all works fine. The moment you make it 90 or 180 it locks in permanently and looses its lines from the reference. If you try to change it from 90 degrees, its like it was never attached. 

Screenshot 2024-05-06 093700.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-06 093719.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-06 093742.jpg

   

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I have also tried to make all lines individually controlled.. Each with their own angle and it still refuses to budge from 90 degrees.

pciemierkiewicz_0-1715003643541.png

Message 3 of 6
blank...
in reply to: pciemierkiewicz

Possibly  because Revit has problems with 90° angle rotation. You solve it by placing a "dummy" ref plane and lock its angle, then measure your angle from that one. Then use a formula which will calculate actual angle from what the user inputs.

Example:

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Message 4 of 6

Hello @pciemierkiewicz ,

When using angle parameters, the best practice is to use 2 references lines :

- the first one, locked to a reference plane at the 0° angle and with one end aligned and locked to the rotation point

- the second one, which will be aligned locked to the end of the first reference line

Then you put the angle parameter between the two reference lines and everything should work well.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the response however this is exactly what i have. There are 3 reference planes, 1 is locked and 2 are pivoting with the angle parameter. Then the lines are locked to the planes and dimension locked so that it remains consistent. 

Message 6 of 6
pciemierkiewicz
in reply to: blank...

I guess for now I will do this but realistically this actually sucks... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report