Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a Roof Edge to Connect with Another

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ecano1FAHTG
323 Views, 4 Replies

Extending a Roof Edge to Connect with Another

Hey everyone! 

Question about joining roofs. I am aware of the roof join tool, but it doesn't seem to work for the use case that I have. I'll attach an image below of what's going on, but I'm trying to extend one sloping roof edge to connect with a roof edge a little further down from it. How would I go about doing this? Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-06-17 154450.png

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Based on your image a roof by extrusion for the left side would be one way to deal with it.

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Would you suggest that I create a separate roof extrusion that extends from the top roof to the bottom roof and then use the join tool to combine them together?

Message 4 of 5

It's hard to tell what the final form should be, whether the front fascia of the gable ends is intended to align with each other or offset. If front and back gable ends align I'd probably make one roof, a big "M" since the portion of roof below the left roof wouldn't be needed. If the roofs are offset front/back then I'd make two roofs and extrude them as far forward/back as each is required. Then I could join geometry between them if necessary.

One roof on the left, two roofs on the right

SteveKStafford_0-1718671152618.png

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ecano1FAHTG

@ecano1FAHTG wrote:

I'm trying to extend one sloping roof edge to connect with a roof edge a little further down from it. 

Like this?

Join-Unjoin Roof1.pngJoin-Unjoin Roof2.png

Join/Unjoin Roof Tool should work fine. That's what I'm using here.   

....first select edge to extend, then select target to extend it to. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report