Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting render with transparent background - REVIT 2018

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4246 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting render with transparent background - REVIT 2018

Hello all.

Using Revit 2018 and trying to export a rendering with transparent background. Rendering goes fine, background renders as transparent but when i try to export it doesn't work. It exports no file at all. Could you fix this please?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kimtaurus
in reply to: Anonymous

First of all: Do you have the latest updates installed?

Second: when you export, do you get the "Save Image" window? Can you rename the image, select the file type (png or tiff)?

in reply to: Kimtaurus

Hi Kimtaurus. I have last updates installed, running 2018.2.

The rendering goes fine but then comes the export window and by default the extension is in png (*.png). Imagine that for example my view is called 3D view 1. If i click in save view, the export window renames it to "3D view 1*.png" but saves nothing. The same happens with tiff format. So if i choose to render with transparent background i am not able to export my view. And by the away the "save to project" option is disabled in rendering with transparent background 😕

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

I don't seem to have problems save transparent rendering to external PNGs.  

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

😞 well, i do have that problem and this is the second upgrade and still no transparent background export working. It's really annoying...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Well, i just made a brand new Revit installation in English language and suddenly i am able to export renderings with transparent background. So probably there was some kind of issue on my first installation. Problem solved by now.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

😡The problem remains in Revit 2019.2 Will @Anonymous finally fix it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report