Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from Revit to CAD with automatic scaling by 12 for Engineers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2210 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting from Revit to CAD with automatic scaling by 12 for Engineers

I haven't been able to find info on this online, but please direct me to an existing thread if it's already been answered.

I work with many engineers that do not use Revit.  When exporting to AutoCAD, we always have export layers set up with the correct pen styles, etc.  However, we have never been able to automatically scale the whole model down by 12, so the engineers do not have to do it manually with each CAD file we give them.  Has anyone figured out a way to do this?  

Also, in paper space, the page boarder always seems to default to the wrong size sheet when exported.  I have to go in and manually change the sheet to 30x42 or whatever we are using.  Any easy fixes for this?

Thanks for your help, feel free to ask for clarifications if necessary.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

When exporting to AutoCAD, we always have export layers set up with the correct pen styles, etc.  However, we have never been able to automatically scale the whole model down by 12, so the engineers do not have to do it manually with each CAD file we give them. 

I'm having a hard time understanding why the engineers have to scale the whole model down by 12.  

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

Are you aware of the PCP file that Revit creates with the Export? 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I know it has something to do with pen styles/line weights but not much beyond that.  We have no problems with those though.  Can it affect the scale? 

Engineers' scaling is different because they produce their drawings in decimals and by the engineering scale.  I don't understand completely why but that's just their standard.

Message 5 of 7
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi,

Message 6 of 7
TripleM-Dev.net

Hi,

Export dwg's with the correct units, as long as the Dwg engineers only link the drawing and have the units in the dwg setup correctly, the Revit export should scale automatically.

factor 12 sounds like 1 foot = 12 inch, so they need units in Foot?, export in Foot, the export should be ok then.

DwgExportOptions.PNG

For the paperspace layout size, I think it sizes to standard dimension, not sure?

- Michel

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TripleM-Dev.net

Perfect.  Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report