Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to gbXML failing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
652 Views, 1 Reply

Export to gbXML failing

I am trying to export a project from revit as a gbXML file. When I click export it fails and tells me to check the project information. I believe the problem is my conceptual mass but I am unsure how to fix it.

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: Anonymous

This error displays when you attempt to export to gbXML and the building model does not contain any room-bounding elements in the specified phase.

Error: Can’t create any energy analysis surfaces. There are no room bounding elements defined in the current phase. Please check the Project Information settings.

Solution: Do the following:

• Make sure that appropriate elements (such as walls and roofs) in the building model are room-bounding.
  • Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Information). In the Instance Properties dialog, for Energy Data, click Edit. In the Energy Settings dialog, for Project Phase, specify the phase for which you want to perform the energy analysis. This phase should be one in which room-bounding elements exist.

check this link https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN... 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report