Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel to Cad to Revit - how to keep cell font and heights the same?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gnarkill283
868 Views, 3 Replies

Excel to Cad to Revit - how to keep cell font and heights the same?

So because revit doesn't have an easy and good way of creating drawing issue logs, I've resorted to continue making mine in excel and then importing it into cad as a table. The problem is that even the slightest change in the excel file causes the cad font and cell heights to change randomly. Also when you link the cad file into revit, revit also seems to resize it. Anyone with both cad and revit skills now how to keep tables the same looking after updating the excel file? And no I'm not going to create a bunch of fake sheets, create a revit schedule, and then have to use a pull down drop menu to add a dot for 200+ sheets (unless you know of another way in Revit). I appreciate any help - thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gnarkill283
in reply to: gnarkill283

BTW I spent a lot of time setting this up - in cad I can't use insertobj because revit doesn't recognize it or pastespec because the cells are formatted incorrectly. Using table then inserting from data link is the only way I can make the cells appear well in revit. I've also noticed this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-forum/excel-to-cad-to-revit-how-to-keep-cell-fon...

Message 3 of 4

Have you tried using a 3rd party app that will do the direct excel to revit and back and forth?  Like BIMLink by ideate?  

You might also try the ADSK App store for a free utility:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=RVT&facet=&collection=&... 

Charles Berteaux Iv
EDT BIM/VDC/Technology Department Manager | SSOE Group | Hillsboro
www.ssoe.com

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dcsank
in reply to: CharlesBerteaux

I tried every free addin in that link. All are for exporting a revit schedule then reimporting. When I try to copy the contents of the log into an exported random schedule, it won't let me reimport it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report