Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when trying to load in a family

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Matt2497
2978 Views, 16 Replies

Error message when trying to load in a family

So I got this double vanity family that I would like to load into my project file, but I keep on getting this error message: "The shared parameter "049391e0-c9b7-4d13-bcfb-84c309686c1f" cannot be added with name "Nominal width" and type "Number" because it conflicts with the existing name "Nominal width" and type "Length"."

I'm not sure how to fix this and what should I do?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
barthbradley
in reply to: Matt2497

Open the Family and make the "Nominal Width" Parameter not a Shared Parameter. That Parameter is in conflict with another Shared Parameter of the same name in the Project.  "Type of Parameter" settings are different.

Message 3 of 17
Matt2497
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

Open the Family and make the "Nominal Width" Parameter not a Shared Parameter. That Parameter is in conflict with another Shared Parameter of the same name in the Project.  "Type of Parameter" settings are different.

It won't let me edit it because it is a built-in parameter. Is there a way of not making it built-in?

Message 4 of 17
barthbradley

That's the wrong family them. You got another one in the project that is using a "Nominal Width" that is not the in-built one. Create a schedule in the project and see how many "Nominal Width" Parameters are in the list of available Parameter Fields, and then find the family that uses the one that is not a "Length" Parameter.

..wait a minute. Are you telling me that the family you are loading has an in-built parameter named "Nominal Width" that is a "Number" Parameter??? 

Can you post this family please? 

Message 5 of 17
Matt2497

I don't think it does and here you go

Message 6 of 17
barthbradley

Well, nothing wrong with this family. Nor would the "Nominal Width" in the family cause any issues in a Project.  I'm going to need more information.   If this family can't load into your Project, then post your Project too.  

Message 7 of 17
ToanDN

Try this.

Message 8 of 17
Matt2497
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

Try this.

The previous error message was fixed, but now it says this: "The shared parameter "2ec69171-2ed7-43a5-bee7-c504ed385854" cannot be added with name "Weight Net (Kg)" and type "Number" because it conflicts with the existing name "Weight Net (Kg)" and type "Text"." I believe that is the last one that has to be fixed?

Message 9 of 17
barthbradley

In the Family, delete the parameter named "Weight Net (Kg)" and the create a new parameter named "Weight Net (Kg)" to replace it with.  What's happening is 2 unrelated shared parameters are sharing the exact same GUID.  

Message 10 of 17
ToanDN

Here.

Message 11 of 17
Matt2497
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN wrote:

Here.

It works now. Thank you very much!!

Message 12 of 17
anass2010

The shared parameter "049391e0-c9b7-4d13-bcfb-84c309686c1f" cannot be added with name "Nominal width" and type "Length" because it conflicts with the existing name "Nominal width" and type "Number".

actually, I have this problem could you solve it  ToanDN

I follow up on the solveing but I could not get it

Message 13 of 17
barthbradley
in reply to: anass2010
Message 14 of 17
anass2010

I will try >>> and feedback If I got it

Thank you 

Message 15 of 17
annabarvinsky

I have the same issue but with built-in parameter in Identity Data 'URL Cutsheet'.  Error message reads: existing project has 'URL Cutsheet' as type 'text' conflicts with existing name 'URL Cutsheet' as 'URL'.
Firstly which type should it be? 'text' or 'URL'? 
In my template file I have one family that appears with a URL stored.  The family with this does not actually have URL Cutsheet in the list of parameters.  Running a report with URL cutsheet is blank for all families in the template file.
The family I want to insert has URL Cutsheet as shared and URL.

I have only attached families & the error message.

Help.....

Message 16 of 17

Think I should have replied to someone else - but not sure who!
Message 17 of 17
SORY_SORAYA45

NO FUNCIONA MI CUENTA DE OFFIC360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report