Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy analysis "Error: Issue: An unrecoverable internal error has occurred"

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1426 Views, 10 Replies

Energy analysis "Error: Issue: An unrecoverable internal error has occurred"

Hello,
I've been trying to do the energy analysis on my model (by using my friend's pc since she has the complete 2021 version of the software and mine was crashing at the very first stage; I have Revit 2019 educational) but it fails giving me the error "an unrecoverable internal error has occurred" and I can't seem to find the reason. I tried to move the N-W-E-S coordinates to 0,0, by following the guide provided by Autodesk, but it didn't help. 

Can you tell me how to fix it? It's really important and urgent for my Master thesis.

Thanks in advance 

P.S. I've already tried with the Insight forum but I didn't get any answer back and since I'm getting desperate I thought of trying also here

Labels (5)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

1. What is the build number of the Revit 2019 which you are using? below is a screenshot of where you can find it (Click About Autodesk 2019.X >>> Check the top left corner on the pop up window)
  2. To confirm: Did you follow all the step on this article "An unrecoverable internal error has occurred." when running an Energy Analysis in Revit through Insight 360 | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network
  3. Can you share your model to check PBP/SP/IO ? (If you right unclip the project base point >> Right Click it >>> and select "Move to Startup Location" how far does it move?

buildno.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Thank you for your help!

1) I hope it's the right information:

Cattura1.JPG

2) Yes, I have. Unfortunately on the 2019 model (student version) it doesn't go through:

Screenshot (272).png

and on the 2021 (on my friend's laptop) it gives me the unrecoverable error mentioned above.

3) The base point goes from here:

Cattura2.JPG

to here:

Cattura3.JPG

I've attached both models in zip files.
Thanks again

Message 4 of 11
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

Both you and your friend need to install latest updates...below is a list of all the updates for 2019 and 2021

Released Revit 2019 Updates & Add-ins | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Autodesk Revit 2021 Product Updates | Revit Products | Autodesk Knowledge Network

You can download them from Account Management or by clicking on the relevant release in the tables of the above links

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks again, I tried that too but my version wouldn’t change. I’ll try again. Is it compatible with the student version, too?

So, is this the main problem? If I manage to update the software will I be able to run the analysis? Or is there some other issue with my model?

Thank you so much 

Message 6 of 11
RDAOU

@Anonymous 

Yes you should be able to get updates and hotfix on educational license

Nothing wrong with your model...the model you sent already had and Energy Model. I deleted it and recreated a new one and I didn't receive any error. Also Accessed the Model on Insight and an Analysis was generated without issues

EA1.png

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

OmG, thanks.

But unfortunately the only updates available on my profile are these:

aggiornamenti1.JPG

aggiornamenti2.JPG

aggiornamenti3.JPG

   

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

@RDAOU I've installed all the updates that you kindly linked but unfortunately now I have this other error:

Screenshot (273).png

I don't use proxy connections and my firewall doesn't block any connections. So I don't really know what to do anymore...

Message 10 of 11
esume20124lufe

Can I send my model for analysis please. I’m having issues with mine 

Message 11 of 11
esume20124lufe

Can I send my model for analysis please. I’m having issues with mine 

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report