Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Parameters in Properties Palette

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vitaliy0001
1062 Views, 5 Replies

Edit Parameters in Properties Palette

I am trying to create a slab edge/beam profile and I want to edit the dimensions directly in properties or type properties.

I have tried with both Type and Instance parameters, but these parameters never appear anywhere in the properties.

Revit Parameters 1.JPG

Below, you can see that none of the dimension parameters appear anywhere in the properties.

Revit Parameters 2.JPG

Is there a way to do this?

NOTE: I don't want to have to create new types for any families - I created one profile with editable parameters and I want to change it directly for each slab edge or each beam.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: vitaliy0001

@vitaliy0001 

1. If you are referring to the B/D/Rebate  these you added as reporting parameters so they wont do you any good even if they were accessible in the Slab Edge type properties
  2. The parameters are only accessible in the Slab Edge Profile Family used... To have them directly in the Slab Edge type properties is not possible...
  3. Dimensions in the profile are preferable to be type parameters not instance

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
vitaliy0001
in reply to: RDAOU

How sad.

What about for other family types?  E.g. I recall seeing a cabinet family where you could change the depth directly in the properties.  Is there a special parameter type that needs to be assigned to make it appear in properties?

Message 4 of 6
RDAOU

@vitaliy0001 

A cabinet would most likely be a Casework family, a Furniture Family or a Generic model maybe...those are loadable family where the parameters (instance and/or type) maay be directly accessible when you select the loaded family. They function different that Fascia and Slab Edge...

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 6
vitaliy0001
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU

Yes it can... you can create more slab edge types and for each u select a different profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report