Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamo player not showing up in 2018.1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jub
Explorer
2315 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamo player not showing up in 2018.1

Hi,
when I press Dynamo Player in Manage tab, Revit thinks a litlle and then Dynamo player icon goes gray, but Dynamo player itself is not showing up.
How to make it work?
Using Revit 2018.1 and Dynamo 1.3.1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Erense
in reply to: jub

I would suggest a repair or reinstall of the Dynamo player (Dymano Revit 2018 1.3.1) from your control panel.

I would believe there is something wrong with the default paths.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 3 of 8
jub
Explorer
in reply to: Erense

Hi Erense,
reinstall did not solved the problem.

Message 4 of 8
Orsolya.Balazs

Dear Jub,

How did you do the new installation of Revit? It is important to execute a clean installation (which includes to delete manually some temp/ cache revit files + edit registry). Please make sure to follow these instructions at the reinstall: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2...

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
jub
Explorer
in reply to: Orsolya.Balazs

Hi Orsolya.Balazs,
clean installation did not helped.

Message 6 of 8
kayle.whitehead

Hi There,

I am experiencing the exact same issue,

When I click on the Dynamo Player button it becomes grey but the player doesn't pop up,

Following some investigation I found that the player software does launch as it is visible within the task manager under "Processes" and "Details"

When I close the Dynamo Player from within the Task manager by right clicking and selecting End Task the Dynamo Player button within Revit returns to before it was clicked,

Message 7 of 8
tomragnarsson

I was struggling with the same problem as OP. The way I "solved" it was by hovering over the Dynamo window on the task bar, right clicking and selecting maximize. That made it pop up.

Message 8 of 8
johanwall

I just ran across the same problem with Dynamo Player (v1.3.3) not showing up in Revit 2017.2. Found a solution in the Dynamo Forum posted by user Thomasbsmits (link to post). I'll re-post his solution here:

"You can get the Player working again after deleting the following file “dynamoplayerinstance 1”. Its located here: C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\dynamoplayer\User data

Use your own user id."

J. Wall

Architect

www.johanwall.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report