Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail components lines under 3D categories lines

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2689 Views, 5 Replies

Detail components lines under 3D categories lines

How can I do if want the details components or detail lines always under 3D model categories lines? in Plan or section view.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Omar,

Details are designed to be over the model geometry. 

Details themselves can be controlled using Draw Order (on the Ribbon) when they are selected - but this will not push them behind model lines.

You can override the model geometry to hide what you don't wish to see e.g. the cut pattern in a wall for example. Then place your detail component, repeating detail or detail lines over the top.

You can also use the Linework tool fro the Modify tab to override existing lines and change them to another style. (there's even an invisible type)

Untitled.png

If you are using a detail component and it's completely obscuring the model geometry and you do not want that. then you can edit the components Type and switch its  background to transparent as well.

Hope that helps

Justin

Message 3 of 6
Jsmy91
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello!

I would really like to know if this is possible now, I am currently modeling a lot of public space and here is one of my usual problems with this.

A Lighting Fixture (3d Family) being showed under the Tactile Tile (Detail Item)

Thanks a lot!sshot-2018-12-12-[01-04-56].png

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Jsmy91

Yes. Create the tactile item as model family or even in place model family and draw detail items in the family.
Message 5 of 6
Jsmy91
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for your answer ToanDN, it actually worked. But I still have some issues with it.

1 If I use this 2d Generic Model on a Sloped surface it is swallowed by it.Tactile tile on Generic modelTactile tile on Generic model

2 If I add a little bit of offset to the Tactile Tile in Generic Model, it generates shadows. Well, this is not so bad, but I will have to turn off the shadows for my plan view or play with the Azimuth and Altitude

Tactile Tile with offset but  casting shadowsTactile Tile with offset but casting shadows

Azimuth 180, Altitude 0Azimuth 180, Altitude 0

Thanks a lot again, I hope someday we can have more control about the foreground/background thing in special for high detailed views. 

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Jsmy91

In such case, I would create it using a face based family so that you can host it on a slope surface or a reference plane in project.  And you have to use model lines or nested generic instead of detail components to draw the graphic.  It would be even better if you can use a material for it. 

Below is an example of a loading area and a curb cut domes on a slope, works for both 2D plan and 3D view.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators