Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut plane not cutting window

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ChrisGamble
3130 Views, 11 Replies

Cut plane not cutting window

I have a attached a window family that for some reason cant be cut by the cut plane in the family, nor is it being cut when loaded into a model.

I've read a couple articles on how window visibility in plan is controlled by the cut plane in the family, but I have been trying to play around with the view range and I cant get the window to cut even in the family.

Please take a look inside the family and see what's going on as to why its not being cut. Don't mind how sloppy this window is, I just need it to show correctly graphically. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: ChrisGamble

Door and windows are different...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-Windows-and-Doors-...

...Well first off,  you've got problems. Check this out:

Window warning.png

Message 3 of 12
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, the one window is made of a couple types of windows. Maybe the view range needs to be adjusted in the nested window types.

Message 4 of 12
barthbradley

Actually, despite the opening errors, I'm finding nothing wrong with the family or its cut representation in the Project. What am I missing here? 

Message 5 of 12
alejandro

you should check "Shared" for the nested family (Window - Panel(cg) 1) and the family is correctly cut in proyect and in family...

sorry .. just changing the name and nesting again is working with this option is working…  

Message 6 of 12
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

I want to see the glass in plan view but I cant. The first image is what I see, the second image is wireframe, which shows the glasses, and that's what I want to see.

Hidden Line Window.pngWire Frame Window.png

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

Check the cut plane in the nested families as well.
Message 8 of 12
ChrisGamble
in reply to: alejandro

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Message 9 of 12
barthbradley

Oh, I see what's going now. Your nested families are not hosted.  We discussed this last week in another thread similar to this one. Making the Nested Families SHARED resolved that issue.  

Still, like I said, I don't see any problem with the family as is. I looks great in the Project, IMO.  I must be missing something though. 

Message 10 of 12
barthbradley

Shared Window.png

Message 11 of 12
alejandro

Sorry I didn´t explain very well

If you change the nested families to "Generic Model"  and mark "shared"  and reload again in the main family ...  also the Top in the view range have to be lower... and the family look great

Anotación 2019-09-19 184200.jpg

Anotación 2019-09-19 184703.jpgAnotación 2019-09-19 185244.jpg

Message 12 of 12
ChrisGamble
in reply to: alejandro

Yes that worked, but I did not need to change the type to a generic model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report