Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Section Heads with Variable Options

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
692 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Section Heads with Variable Options

Hello all,

I've been charted with the task of building a custom section head family that seems to be a bit tricky. Was hoping you fine folks could give me some insight as to how I can approach this.

My company deals with projects that use sheet numbers that are client-driven, so they are almost always too long to fit into the section head. Sometimes we can have drawing numbers that are ten-to-fifteen characters long. In our CAD world, we have a dynamic block set up with variable options for how the text is placed, which basically rides to the right or to the left of the section head, attached with a leader line with a closed dot. See the screen shot for what I'm talking about.

Our old Revit manager set these up in a very complex fashion, and they were very buggy. Basically, you'd cut a section, then change the section head family to what direction you wanted, then go within that section head and change it to the text orientation you wanted. What ended up happening was that on one sheet, the section head and text orientation would be correct, but on another sheet or in a layout view, the section head would be right but the text would be in a different orientation. It's a mess. I'm looking for a way that I can incorporate all these options into a single family, much like we have with the elevation view bubbles with the check marks for direction we want to look in elevation view.

Is there a way to do this so I'm not having to load a section head family for every possible direction and every possible text orientation?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I can gather your issue is because you have the annotation fixed to one side? So why not just center the annotation labels then it will work for every instance ? The annotation families for elevation marker positions also work in this way. The test position is not variable.
Their is no flip arrow option in annotation families you could duplicate the annotations on left/right then use a visibility parameter to hide the one you don't want, but again this is more work than I would like to add to a workflow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report