Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom default template.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rfrisch
314 Views, 2 Replies

custom default template.

Hi Everyone.

Right now I'm working in Revit 2011 until we upgrade next year. We've only used it rendering only and walkthroughs. Never had the reason to use a title block. Now that we are going to be using it for projects, I need to make a custom templete  Now for the question. This sounds dumb but should I put a title block into my custom default templete or just keep it out and insert it into every project. Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maciejwypych
in reply to: rfrisch

Hi,

There are two ways of creating the office template, but a title block is pretty much always loaded.
Some people say it's better to have the template small with all parameters, view templates, etc... setup and only essential families loaded, and load more families if necessary.

Personally I prefer the second approach, where all most commonly used families are already loaded, so users don't have to do it manually each time they start a new project.
It takes a while to get the balance right, and to establish what is actually used in every project, but title block is always there!
Message 3 of 3
rfrisch
in reply to: maciejwypych

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a great solution. Have a great day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report