Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved wall thickness' change along the way (big failure in Revit)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JABKZR4YN
387 Views, 6 Replies

Curved wall thickness' change along the way (big failure in Revit)

I have just experienced that the same wall has different thicknesses' along the curve. The profiles on the pictures are 95mm, the same as the gaps between the gypsum boards. But in some cases, the walls get slimmer - see how the profiles "goes" in the gypsum ball.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I feel that this is a big problem affecting many things, like areas, volumes, material take out and the layout of buildings.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: JABKZR4YN

this issue looks like it is because a "curve" is not a smooth curve, it is faceted. That is how Revit makes arcs and circles. an Arch or circle is made up of a series of short straight lines. The more/shorter the lines the smoother it looks.

i think there is a setting in the Options to control that. I don't have Revit open currently so I'd have to look it up though when i get to my desk. maybe someone else can chime in on the setting....

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

Don't zoom too much. Don't worry about this. Seriously. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
JABKZR4YN
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

It's hard t zoom out then it need to be detailed 😉

Message 5 of 7
Mike.FORM

Turn off thin lines and look at it. Also what does it look like when printed.

This is just a graphical issue that will only be noticeable at a 1:1 or 1:2 scale when printed.

If you add radial dimensions to the 2 faces you are concerned with they will report the correct size.

Message 6 of 7
syman2000

Revit loses fidelity once you zoom to microscopic detail level. This is a known issue for a long time and we have been asking the Autodesk team to give us a better updated graphic engine instead of an outdated engine. Their limit object thickness limit is set to 1/32" or 0.8mm. This is why you give construction tolerance and print the set to see if that detail you look at is obviously wrong.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 7 of 7
hmunsell

This is a common trap people fall into with Revit, "I modeled it so I can detail it....". people model extra small items thinking they can use it for making details later. Sometimes you can, sometimes it's better detailed using a 2D Detail with a Drafting view. Especially for enlarged details. 

As @syman2000 mentioned, "This is a known issue for a long time ..."

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report