Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved Stairs problems

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
guillermo4JEUL
2899 Views, 5 Replies

Curved Stairs problems

Hi everyone, I'm having a hard time trying to finish this stair that you can see in the pic. So the difficult thing here is that I need to close the stair underneath with gypsum and put lights there, and also need to fix those railings. The stair boundary is made with different arches because the original plan is oval, and Revit does not let us do ellipses in stairs, and I think that is why the railings are having those small flat pieces that is another thing I want to fix. 

So my question is, what would be the best practice to finish this stair? 

Thanks in advance!

stairs.JPG

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: guillermo4JEUL

You can create the ceiling from a Mass and Wall by Face (see screencast).  As for the railing, please share the file.  If all else fail, you may need to resort to model in place.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Sahay_R

How did you create the stair? Component or sketch?

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 4 of 6

ToadDN: Thank you for the explanation!, I'll try to do that, I'll let you know if I got it. 

Rina: For this project I'm using Revit 2018 and there is only one type of stair now, so inside the stair tool I use the create sketch option, because of the complexity of the stair, that was supposed to be an ellipse originally, but as is already know we can't use ellipses for stairs, so it is a succession of arches .

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7
Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

When I need to create an ellipse stair and/or railing, I sketch the ellipse in AutoCAD with Pellipse variable set to 1 so that the ellipse is actually a polyline. Then I import or link the polyline and use it to sketch the stair/railing with pick lines tool.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
guillermo4JEUL
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the tips, I manage to do it with the technique of the mass. It was a little trickier though, but I made it. Thanks! 

Revit 2019.2, Windows 7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators