Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

croping annotation to Scope Boxes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1438 Views, 6 Replies

croping annotation to Scope Boxes

Re: Scope Box : What is it for?
We have a big plate floor layout and we are controlling the areas through scope boxes as in zones to be able to fit to sheets and what we have noticed when applying the scope box to the total layout any annotation outside the extent of the scope would still be visible in the view,

Does any one know the way to ensure that text and any general annotation will be cropped to same boundaries as the extent of the scope box.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Annotation which is not needed outside of the crop region can just be deleted since it is view specific. Deleting it won't affect any other view.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Steve for your prompt reply , we are using the scope boxes to control the linked files also and as you know we can not delete the text from linked files in the host file , as these text will also be applicable to other zones and areas, any thoughts.

many thanks.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Create a standard filled region for this often called upon application.
I call mine "whiteout" and I use invisible lines for the border.
As Steve will be quick to point out... make sure that you choose "no
pattern"
- just solid white....otherwise you may have plotting issues.

wrote in message news:5239717@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks Steve for your prompt reply , we are using the scope boxes to control
the linked files also and as you know we can not delete the text from linked
files in the host file , as these text will also be applicable to other
zones and areas, any thoughts.

many thanks.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

could you please explain again as i have created that and did not cover the text and dimensions in the view , neither in original file nor in the host file.
using Revit 9

any idea what am i doing wrong???????
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You need to create partial plans in the building project file that you are linking that correspond to the portions that you crop in the host project. Annotate those views and then choose them as the view to display in the host project. This way only the annotation you want to appear will do so in the host project. When you display the default floor plan view it will be the overall plan. Take a look a visibility graphics overrides for the views you are working in, specifically the Revit Links tab. You want to specify the partial plan in the nested file that corresponds to your host partial plan.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks steve, it seems this is the only way , i was trying to minimize the extra effort of multi view annotation for each of these individual views as we are controlling the crop for the partial plans via scope boxes , but it seems this is the only way at this stage. thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report