Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating parts from floor - texture maps incorrectly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cbt990
269 Views, 5 Replies

Creating parts from floor - texture maps incorrectly

Want to be able to show different materials on divided parts of the floor but i want to preserve texture mapping by object rather than by face. is it possible ?

cbt990_0-1672267714026.png

Revit is amazing
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: cbt990

Edit the material > Add a model surface pattern under Graphic tab (can be a simple parallel lines pattern) > set the view to Hidden visual style and use Align or Rotate tool to align the floor material pattern.

Another way to show the score lines without breaking the floor to pieces is placing a line based family on the floor.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
indiana_j0nes

I don't quite understand the question, but looking at the image I assume you want your pattern to be cohesive and not show divisions? But what does "different materials" mean?

Anyway, maybe start with a square pattern which you can easily aling and then switch the materials?

If you can elaborate a little with some sketch, maybe others here are able to help better?

Cheers,K

Message 4 of 6
barthbradley

Do you mean you want to do this?  

Material By Original.png

Message 5 of 6
hmunsell

what my Interiors Department does, there in charge of that kind of thing, is place a separate floor (1/4" thick) on top of the Architectural floor. They can make it whatever shape they want and assign whatever material they want separate from the Architectural/Structural floor.

there may be some what have issues with that method, but it works well for us 😁.  

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
htariq.bece17nice

My suggestion is same as @hmunsell . Just make a new floor and give it a little offset from the original floor and then assign whatever material u want to it. This is quick and you can sketch multiple floors with multiple materials.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators