Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating facade with curtain wall tool, the panels do not automatically adobt the new size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nefeod
281 Views, 5 Replies

creating facade with curtain wall tool, the panels do not automatically adobt the new size

by creating a facade with curtain walls tool, after the changing of vertikal or horizontal position of grids the panels do not automaticaly adopt to the new size. How to solve this problem? 

FASSAD.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: nefeod

The normal behaviour is that elements that replace curtain wall panels such as doors and windows do adapt to the size between mullions. If they don´t, most likely there is an issue with the families that you´re using. It is not possible to determine what causes that with the information that you provide. Please provide more images or files. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
ToanDN

Are they custom panel family? If so, edit the family and constrain the panel geometry to the left, right, top, and bottom ref planes.

Message 4 of 6
nefeod

they do adapt, but only after a secondary change of panel type, i.e. manually... 

it takes too much time...

Message 5 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

I looked at your project. This is my advice: if you want to finish this project on time, use simple panels and use simple settings for the curtain wall itself. For the curtain wall: instead of "fixed distance" for layout, use "None", and then draw grid lines as necessary. Assign as default panel the most common type, which you can make by making a  duplicate of Revit's default panel, then put a different name, Type Mark value, and different material.  Duplicate this default type as many times as needed, and then model the whole facade with simple panels. Those panel families that you are using are trying to do too much, but they achieve too little. Those panels have nuts and bolts, and a void, and many parameters. If you have details of these panels, which I assume you do, don't bother trying to put all the detail in the panel family. Use simple panels to represent the correct layout and quantities of panels. Then do callouts and details. Then enter an identification for each type of family in the Type Mark parameter, then tag of the panels, then, if necessary, make a schedule of curtain panels to see how many of each type you have, and what their area is. This is a case in which the capabilities of the software are used in a way that is not an advantage but the opposite. In other words, "not because we can do it, we should do it". Keep it simple so that you can finish your project in a reasonable time. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 6
nefeod
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

reducing quality is not my goal..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report