Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating A New Annotation Category in Visibility/Graphics Override

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jack.edwardsNEWLG
232 Views, 4 Replies

Creating A New Annotation Category in Visibility/Graphics Override

Hello, 

I'm pretty new to revit and i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to create a new Annotation Category in the box shown in the attachments.

I need a category that has all levels/grids/references unchecked for visual purposes and its slow doing it one revit link at a time. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Your attachments are missing.

Message 3 of 5

You cannot create a category but a sub-category. It must exist and be the same in both linked and host files.

I'm missing something, why a different category instead of using existing?

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 4 of 5

I think what you’re asking is if you can group several Annotation Categories in the Visibility Graphics dialogue to turn them all off at once in links?

The quick answer is no!

The easiest way to do this is create a New View Template

In that View Template edit the Links field to Turn Off your listed Annotations above.

Then select ALL the links in the Project Browser > Right Click > Apply View Template and select the New Template you created earlier.

“Apply Template” uses the settings but does not force in the View Template as “Assign Template” does so is a great way to apply visual settings to multiple View/Links

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 5
RSomppi
in reply to: jack.edwardsNEWLG

Since you cannot create new categories, you should look into using view templates. They give you the ability to apply the same settings to multiple views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators