Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Line Based generic family that replicates instances of a component without an array?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MMuchmoreEPVRP
178 Views, 3 Replies

Creating a Line Based generic family that replicates instances of a component without an array?

Hello, I am trying to create a family that will act as a stand in for a metal panel wall's finish face allowing me to modify the finish material on a per-panel level while avoiding using split faces or running multiple wall types with different finishes in series.  

A problem I am running into with line based generic models and model-in-place solutions is that when the component is arrayed I can not change the material on a per-component level, even with the paint material tool.  Is there any way to keep the level of editability I need while still using a line based model?  Is there anyway to replicate components in series without the use of an array? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: MMuchmoreEPVRP

Sounds like curtain walls should be able to accomplish what you are after. 

Message 3 of 4
MMuchmoreEPVRP
in reply to: ToanDN

I have found that curtain walls don't join or interact with basic walls in the way I need them to, they also pose a challenge at windows and door openings in basic walls.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: MMuchmoreEPVRP

Can you show screenshots of joint or interaction, and challenge at doors or windows that you are not happy with?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators