Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Key Plan

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
julielfifield
11080 Views, 5 Replies

Create a Key Plan

What is the best practice for creating a Key plan? I was going to make a very small view of the building & add detail lines for the divisions, is there a better way? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: julielfifield

I use two approaches:

- for the simple key plan showing division of partial plans, I export a Revit area plan to CAD, create a generic annotation symbol, add extra filled region, lines, text if needed, and nest it in the titleblock family

ToanDN_2-1623719276634.png

- for the key plan that need to provide more than just partial plan division (example below is an egress zones plan),

I create actual Revit floor plan or area plan, scale accordingly, set VG so that it looks clean for that scale, and place it on sheet.  If I need to place the same plan on multiple sheet, duplicate as dependent.

ToanDN_0-1623719215663.png

- there is another approach that use a legend view as a single legend can be placed multiple times, but I have not come to a need to use this one.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
julielfifield
in reply to: ToanDN

thanks again for the quick & informed answer!

Message 4 of 6

anyone tried using the legend view for the key plan?

Message 5 of 6
skyeg321
in reply to: aquiambaoFZUFX

The problem with a legend is you can't assign visibility parameters to the filled regions. So you'll end up duplicating it then modifying it. You'll end up with multiple legends. Not terrible but maybe not ideal.
Message 6 of 6
syman2000
in reply to: skyeg321

This is why I use area plan as my keyplan. As you update the area boundary, this will update the keyplan.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report