Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of Material Not Changing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
macampbel
3567 Views, 2 Replies

Color of Material Not Changing

I'm not sure why this hasn't been made simpler in Revit by now, but for some reason the color of the materials refuses to change, even though I've changed every possible category in the material library for the object. I've chosen an extreme example to avoid confusion. In the attached screenshots I changed all the color properties to a solid dark green fill for the all the color properties of the highlighted brick. Yet dark green still doesn't show up anywhere on the brick, so I must be something missing. Any help is appreciated, screenshots would also help a lot. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: macampbel

Architectural columns normally inherit the material of the wall they join to.  Move that column away from the wall and see what happens.

Message 3 of 3
barthbradley
in reply to: macampbel

Realistic display are governed by the Material's Appearance tab settings.

Just saw your second screenshot.  I'd guess the columns were not actually assigned that Material.  

Neat Trick.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report