Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the size of tree in plan view

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mikeferne
425 Views, 10 Replies

changing the size of tree in plan view

I have a couple of trees I need to put on a plan. One is 5m high and one is around 20m high. I have used the Revit 2025 out of the box trees. I can change the hight no problem so when viewed in 3D the hight is correct, but when its viewed on a site plan/in plan view (like the attached), the tree is always shown at the same diameter. 3962mm in my case.

How can I change the diameter of the tree in plan view?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ennujozlagam
in reply to: mikeferne

have you try to edit the family and change the setting value of diameter or can share the file to check?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 11
mikeferne

Tried looking at the family but cant see a way to edit the plan view. It the standard tree that comes with revit. See attched.

Message 4 of 11
barthbradley

So, you want to change the canopy diameter of the 3D (RPC) Representation or the Symbolic (2D) Representation.  Nothing you can do about the RPC, but you can edit the nested Family's Symbolic Linework.  You can even make the Canopy's radius/diameter parametrically-controlled per Instance placed in Project.  

RPCRadius.png

Message 5 of 11
barthbradley

@mikeferne wrote:

Tried looking at the family but cant see a way to edit the plan view. It the standard tree that comes with revit. See attched.

see attached

Message 6 of 11
mikeferne
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks for this but I don;t have this option on my file.

Message 7 of 11
mikeferne

@barthbradley That version works great although it doesn't show up in 3D but I can live with that. How come the out of the box doesn't have the canopy option?
Message 8 of 11
barthbradley

@mikeferne wrote:
@barthbradleyThat version works great although it doesn't show up in 3D but I can live with that. How come the out of the box doesn't have the canopy option?

2D Linework doesn't show up in 3D, but you can make that linework 3D by selecting it and pressing Convert Lines on the Contextual Tab.  

Message 9 of 11
barthbradley

Convert Lines to Model Lines.png

Message 10 of 11
mikeferne

I mean the 3D version of the tree doesn't show up in 3D. Could be a whole different issue as I do get that with certain other trees
Message 11 of 11
barthbradley

@mikeferne wrote:
I mean the 3D version of the tree doesn't show up in 3D. Could be a whole different issue as I do get that with certain other trees

Is a Section Box clipping it?  Planting Families are not Cuttable.  Clip it with a Section Box and they will disappear. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report