Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change multiple gridline marks to 2D and to side they show on at once

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
HVAC-Novice
807 Views, 21 Replies

change multiple gridline marks to 2D and to side they show on at once

when I create a new view, the grid line marks 90% of the time are on the wrong side and all the time still are in 3D. I have to select each grid line individually and check/uncheck to correct which side it shows, and have to change the grid line to 2D so I can adjust it just for that view (and not the actual grid line in 3D).

I tried to select multiple grid liens at once to make those changes, but can't find a way. Is there a way to do that for multiple grid lines efficiently? I also wonder if there is a way to set it where it defaults to. 

The same problem with levels in section views. but for some reason the problem annoys me more on floor and ceiling plans. 

Or is there a whole better overall approach? 

HVACNovice_0-1720023904386.png

Revit version: R2024.2.1
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
hubbardFJXGT
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Sound like you are on the right track.

Couple of changes will help you 

Scope boxes are 3D and can be seen in all views where they intersect. Plan Section Elevation and 3D

I create working views just to manage scope boxes. So where you create it is less important than how you manage them. 

So just make sure the box has the proper bounds Left right top and bottom for the grids and levels and assign them. 

In the type properties for your grid you can change the End Segments length to 3/4" or 1/2" if that works better as your default. Then extend any that need to be longer? 

We have always used 1" but that should not mean you have to. 

Message 22 of 22
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: hubbardFJXGT

In the type properties for your grid you can change the End Segments length to 3/4" or 1/2" " 

if you mean the setting below, I tried 1/4" and 2" , but it doesn't' change anything. It always will be 1" . that little blue dot moves around based on that t value, but the actual gridlines always extends 1" unless i manually change it. 

HVACNovice_0-1720550152707.png

See below. the blue dot (yellow highlight) was 1/2" from the bubble when I had it set to 1/2". when i set it to 2", it is 2" away (like the distance of the of the magenta line). The actual grid line and bubble location stay at 1" from the scope box. 

HVACNovice_1-1720550368048.png

Edit: when i apply " reset to crop" , the bubble jumps to 1" away from the crop region regardless of what the above value is set. that 1" seems to be a hard-coded or hidden value. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators