Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering Footings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jfjacques
208 Views, 6 Replies

Centering Footings

Is there any way of centering the footings to the core of my wall, without having to use eccentricity? Seems like an omission that is always centers to the wall itself. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: jfjacques

Eccentricity. 

Ecc.png

What's your Structural Usage for the Footing set to?  Retaining or Bearing?  

Message 3 of 7
jfjacques
in reply to: barthbradley

bearing, I set it to retaining and weird things seem to happen, 

also I know I should be able to edit the foundation in elevation to create some stepped foundations but this doesn't seem to be the case. 

Message 4 of 7
barthbradley

@jfjacques: if it makes you feel any better, I feel your frustration.  I go through the same dance every time I use the tool.  It could be improved.  

Message 5 of 7
jfjacques
in reply to: barthbradley

guess I'll just calculate and adjust the E. for now. 

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

If the wall is stepped then the wall footing will follow.  You just need to add some vertical pieces (walls) to connect the segments.  Or create a profile and create a wall sweep for the footing.  Or create a fat wall and edit profile for the footing.

Annotation 2019-08-14 135426.png

Message 7 of 7
ennujozlagam

you can try this please see video and add rc wall between footing and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators