Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Get Window To Show Correctly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ChrisGamble
304 Views, 4 Replies

Cant Get Window To Show Correctly

I cant get the window to show correctly in plan. I'm aware that windows obey the view range in the family, not the project, but I'm still struggling with this. 

I want to have this center trim visible in plan, but it is not visible.

Window Center Trim.png

I believe I have it set up correctly in the family. 

Elev.pngPlan VR.png

But this is what it looks like when I load it into project. The center trim is on a visibility parameter that is on, but I jus cant see it. I have the sills and headers as separate families, and I am aware that that can affect how it looks in the project, but even in wireframe I cant see the center partition. 

Proj Plan.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
s.borello
in reply to: ChrisGamble

Have you changed your view detail level?  Any change to plan? 

Edit:  I looked at your family... see screenshot below, and check these boxes and reload into project... I think you will be good to go.

Message 3 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: ChrisGamble

First and foremost, you have a Masking Region covering ALL the Geometry in Plan View...PLUS, Plan/RCP is unchecked in the Geometry's Visibility Settings.  

MR.png

FYI: Only 2D Symbolic Linework is Visible in Plan View.

Turn on Preview Visibility in Family to see what's Visible when the Family is Cut and Not Cut. 

MR2.png

Message 4 of 5
ChrisGamble
in reply to: barthbradley

Yea the plan region had a vis parameter on it to turn it off, and yea I check preview, it was the visibility wasn't checked in the graphics. Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
ChrisGamble
in reply to: s.borello

THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators