Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot modify floor?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
536 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot modify floor?

A book I an reading says this:

Untitled 2.png

But when I do it in Revit 2016, It only draws a line.  I does not modify the floor.

Why is this?

Untitled.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you started a new floor, not edited the existing one

See what it is saying under point 1 "select the floor, and click "Edit Boundary"

When you do that you will see a magenta boundary line of the floor. The floor itself "disappears", like this:

Floor.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

It starts like this:

Untitled.png

But when I start drawing on it changes to this:

Untitled 2.png

and loses it thickness.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 4 of 5
RDAOU

@Anonymous

1. First Trim the intersecting line to take out the part you don't want (it is mentioned in point 2 of your book)
  2. Then Finish the sketch with the green tick up on the ribbon (point 3 in your book)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 5
L.Maas

That is what it is supposed to do. You are in editing mode now. You modify/add/remove lines to define the boundary of your floor.

Please note that your boundary is supposed to a closed loop without intersecting lines. Attached a sceencast. You see that when there is an unclosed loop or intersecting lines Revit gives an error when trying to complete the editing. After everything is correct (closed loop, no intersecting lines) the editing can be completed and your floor shows up

As a note. In general it would be much easier to do the editing in a plan view as you would have better control over dimensions and angles.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report