Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a slash to the visual asset name

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
badmaky
465 Views, 3 Replies

Can't add a slash to the visual asset name

I am unable to add / to the visual asset name yet there are assets in the default visual asset library that have / in the name, and I can add it everywhere else but the visual asset name. Is this a me or a Revit thing?

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan_eu
in reply to: badmaky

Seems to be everything ok here

Alan Araújo EESignature
Bee1ColabInstagram Alan Araújo RevitBee1ColabGrupo Whatsapp

Usuários do Autodesk Community:
  • Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar como Solução! isso ajuda os outros usuários a encontrar rapidamente uma resposta e Curta se gostou 🙂
  • Manda um alô nas minhas redes sociais com +600 vídeos de de Revit/BIM, Templates e conteúdos semanais! Gratuitos! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
syman2000
in reply to: badmaky

Revit use the same window character and prevent you to use \ / : * ? " < > |. You may want to use alternative character using CHARMAP and scroll down until you find this character.

charmap.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 4
badmaky
in reply to: alan_eu

Ok so here is the thing I assume you have renamed them trough the asset browser, and just checked and IT WORKED, thank you for that. When I was adding materials originally I renamed assets through the material browser and when you add /\ or " it just resets the name to the way it was before the edit without any warning.

EDIT: For people in the future add / or other characters like it through the asset browser not the material browser. You should right click the asset and rename it inside the list of assets then add this asset into the editor then save it and only then it will work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report