Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not open the Revit file

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
Yara-architecture
2097 Views, 29 Replies

can not open the Revit file

hello, how to recover file when Revit gave me this message (can not open the file there is missing many elements), how to solve that, thank you in advance.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30

can you tell me please how to send you the file?  i tried and i cant attach it.

thank you

Message 22 of 30

you wrote

hello, i can not attach the file, thank you for the help

why? you can zip the file or use dropbox or others website to upload and share the link. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 23 of 30

ok, i will try that. thanks

Message 24 of 30
Message 25 of 30

sorry i tried but the file is corrupted? the only person can help you is from autodesk? try to PM  this person LINK. thanks

you can refer to this LINK.

here is some tips to recover:

Missing Elements

When you try to open the model, an error displays indicating that the model is missing many elements.

Issue: In some cases, the error displays and the model opens successfully. When you examine the model, you may notice that some elements are missing.

In other cases, the error displays and the model does not open.

This error is generally the result of element-level corruption in the model.

Solution:

1. Identify the missing elements:
    1. Locate the latest (by date/time) journal file for the model. Look in this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2020\Journals

2. Open the journal file in a text editor.
    3. Use the search tools in the text editor to search the file for "missing elem" to locate information about the missing elements. Locate the 8 digit element IDs listed, and copy them into an empty text file for reference.

Note: There may be multiple sections of missing element IDs in the journal file. The above image is an example of what to look for in the journal file.
  2. If the model opened in spite of the error, do the following:
    1. Open the most recent backup file that contains the missing elements.
    2. In the backup file, open a 3D view that can display the elements, and click Manage Tab > Inquiry Panel > Select by ID to locate the elements. Multiple element IDs can be selected at one time by entering each element ID separated by a semicolon.

If needed, zoom and pan the view until you can see the elements clearly.

3. In the corrupt edition of the model, open the same 3D view.

If needed, zoom and pan the view until you can see the location where the elements should display.

4. Copy and paste the elements from the backup file to the corrupt model using Copy to Clipboard and Paste

Aligned to Same Place.
    5. Save and close the corrupt model.
    6. Open it using the Audit function.
    7. In the model, confirm that the restored elements display as expected.
  3. If the corrupt model did not open when the error displayed, do the following:
    1. Locate the most recent backup file that contains the missing elements.
    2. Open it using the Audit function.
    3. In the model, confirm that the restored elements display as expected.

The audited backup model becomes your new working model. Rename it accordingly. Also rename the corrupt edition of the model in case you need it for further troubleshooting.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 26 of 30

I will read what did you suggest, thank you so much for training and for the help.

Message 27 of 30

Try to open a backup version... and you should audit your models at least once a week. 

Message 28 of 30

hello, what did you mean by that (you should audit your models at least once a week)?

thank you for the answer

Message 29 of 30

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/...

Hi @Yara-architecture You could read something about auditing in the link above (...sentence four).

Message 30 of 30

thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report