Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Value

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
435 Views, 4 Replies

Calculated Value

Hi everyone! 

I am setting up an area schedule and obviously i am doing something wrong because my formula doesn't seem to work. I simply want the areas equal to 48,88 sqm to be shown as 107.8 sqm. Simple...just that it doesn't work.

My formula is : IF ( Area=48.88, 107.8, Area)

The formula is accepted but it doesn't make any change to the schedule. 

if I go : IF (AND ( Area >48.87, Area<48.89), 107.8, Area)) it works. Why wouldn't the first one work? Could  you guys help ?

Cheers! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it is a rounding issue as you basically discovered yourself. While Revit displays two decimals the actual value could be having more (e.g 48.88325).

Your second formula resolves that rounding problem.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Louis,

Thank you for your quick relply. Only that it doesn't really resolve it... When I use the second formula, it works, but as you said, it has a rounding problem going on and it applies the forrmula to other areas wich are 49.00 sqm for example. Which is why I wanted to use the "=" to point out the exact area that I am looking to apply the formula to. 

Is there another way to pick the exact area that I want to work with?

Or maybe there is another way around this... What I am actually working with are duplexes which have two areas: one for lower floor and one for upper floor and what I need to show in the schedule is a total area: lower floor+upper floor (which would be the 107,8 sqm). 

Any advice on how I would do that?

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 5
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have to use the "=" operator in the formula, then i would say to set the formatting of the "Area" field to the max 12dp to the get exact Area value, then use that value in the If statement you have. 

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thank you Alisder,

That worked !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report