Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Levels direction alignment in 3D

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Marie.j03
1731 Views, 11 Replies

Building Levels direction alignment in 3D

Hi community

I am having a problem with the building levels in one file. In 3D view I can see that Levels 1 and 2 are parallel to each other but level 3 and above are all rotated. I tried to rotate them but that did nothing. Maximize extends them but they are still rotated. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
RDAOU
in reply to: Marie.j03

@Marie.j03 

Check if there is a  Scope box applied to the levels either 1 and 2 or 3 and above...if yes, do the following 

1. select the level and check properties palette to see which box is applied
  2. Then select the level you want to align and apply the same scope box (you can then re-set to none after they are aligned 

Edit: see GIF

Level orientation-associate to same SB.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 12
Marie.j03
in reply to: RDAOU

Hi RDAOU. thanks for the reply. I checked but the scope box already says none. any ideas what else I can do to rotate or align them? I want Level 3 and up to be same as Levels 1 and 2

Message 4 of 12
RDAOU

@Marie.j03 wrote:

Hi RDAOU. thanks for the reply. I checked but the scope box already says none. any ideas what else I can do to rotate or align them? I want Level 3 and up to be same as Levels 1 and 2

@Marie.j03 

You can, In 3D on the properties palette, check ✔  Section box...this should align all to it. You can then hide the section box in 3D (select>>right click>>>hide element...)

Edit: See GIF below

Level orientation - Section Box.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 12
Marie.j03

Thank you that worked

Message 6 of 12
Marie.j03

one more question please. If I uncheck the section box the levels get rotated again. Is there a way to make the change permanent somehow?

Message 7 of 12
RDAOU

@Marie.j03 wrote:

one more question please. If I uncheck the section box the levels get rotated again. Is there a way to make the change permanent somehow?

Yes! Do what I suggested in the first reply but instead of applying an existing scope box, go to floor plan of level 1 or the site plan and create a Scope Box >>> then go to 3D view >>> select Level 3 and all the levels above >>> in properties palette set the scope box which you created in level 1.

You can then delete that section box or set to none and the change should be permanent.

Will add a GIF shortly...

Edit: See GIF below

Level orientation - Scope box fix.gif

Message 8 of 12
Marie.j03

Thanks that is perfect.

The videos are very helpful I have never used scope box before so I had to look in the help documents. I learned revit 2 years ago but in practice I have used it only for a few months and now back to it for this project. Many many again thanks for your patience and help 

Message 9 of 12
Marie.j03

Sorry one last question. I am getting an error which cannot be ignored saying that datum is not associated with scope box and that level stays rotated. How do I associate the level?

Message 10 of 12
RDAOU

@Marie.j03 wrote:

Sorry one last question. I am getting an error which cannot be ignored saying that datum is not associated with scope box and that level stays rotated. How do I associate the level?

@Marie.j03 

Simply select the scope box the drag the top shape handle upwards to intersect all levels

Message 11 of 12
Marie.j03

How do I select it and drag up? I can only stretch it East, West or North, South. 

Message 12 of 12
RDAOU

@RDAOU wrote:

@Marie.j03 wrote:

@Marie.j03 

Simply select the scope box the drag the top shape handle upwards to intersect all levels

@Marie.j03 

Check in Elevation view or in 3D view...if not visible, go to visibility graphics (Vv or VG) and under Annotations categories scoll down and check ✔  the box to make it visible 

Level orientation - Scope box fix adjust range.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report