Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom Sloped Floor

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
giorgiodeleoVCB8U
398 Views, 8 Replies

Bottom Sloped Floor

Hi, I'm having trouble modeling a raised floor that slopes on the bottom side. Can you recommend a solution?

Thanks so much,
Giorgio

Screenshot 2024-07-29 174113.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

edit the floor boundary and draw the slope using the slope arrow, then you can specify the height difference or slope percentage

vitorbortoncello_0-1722270878934.png

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-C1C203F9-DAF9-450B-BEB1-DE8CC40BA101

Message 3 of 9

Join Geometry will remove volume at the union.  So, join the Floor with the solid geometry below it. 

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for your suggestion, but I need to maintain my top face planar because this is a raised floor that is placed on a sloped structural slab.

So i think that raising the bottom portion while keeping the top level horizontal would be the best option for me.
Message 5 of 9

Is it feasible for me to copy and hide the floor that is part of the structural model after the union? 

Message 6 of 9

@giorgiodeleoVCB8U wrote:

Is it feasible for me to copy and hide the floor that is part of the structural model after the union? 

There should be nothing to hide. 

flr2topo.png

Like I said, Join Geometry REMOVES volume at union. 

Message 7 of 9

@giorgiodeleoVCB8U wrote:

Actually, I don't think I understand you.  Can you elaborate on what you mean?  

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: giorgiodeleoVCB8U

Two approaches:

1. Model a thick floor and use a sloped void to shave off the bottom.

2. Model one flat top floor and one sloped bottom floor then join geometry.

Message 9 of 9

Screenshot 2024-07-30 104817.png

I duplicated the underlying floor from the structural link, joined it with mine, and moved it to a closed workset.
This workflow also cuts my substrates, but since we use a thicker dashed line on the sheets, I don't mind losing some minor substrates (like membranes).

Also, I need to export my model to IFC, but I usually export only 3D elements that are visible within a specific view, so I think that should be fine too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report