Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid seeing seam lines between each panel

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
911 Views, 5 Replies

Avoid seeing seam lines between each panel

Hi, 

I would like to know how to avoid seeing seam lines between each panel on a curved form wall. I want the wall to look smooth with opening and I don't want to see the seams between each panel. I have identified the issue on the photo attached. 

My process in the attached file: (I have used Twinmotion to render this)

- Using "Spline" I created the geometry

- Divided the surface 

- Choose rectangle 2550mmx250mm

- I then created the panel in the "Model Pattern Based" 

When I applied the panel to the geometry, the seam between each panel is visible. Can you please tell me how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Morteza

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you create a wall by face instead of using pattern based panels? That would create a smooth wall.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried that, but then I placed a perforated pattern using voids in "model face-based". The pattern is all stretched due to the curved wall.  See attached screenshot. Any tips? 

Thanks

Morteza 

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Didn't see that in your 1st post. In this case, you can create the family with one column of holes and place it one by one along the wall.

But if you want to create it as panels, it is doable by using adaptive family with a form from 9 points (4 corners, 4 mid points, and 1 center), cut holes, then place it on 9 points on the divided surface and repeat it.
Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

Are you talking about the edges of the rectangle 2550mmx250mm panels?  Use the Linework Tool (Modify Tab) to make them invisible. 

...if you are seeing the edge as blue lines, edit Divided Surface and untick Surface/Pattern. 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

It worked. Thank you so much @ToanDN for your assistance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report