Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assing Wall Types to DWG layer names while exporting Revit to DWG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
arinc_akkin
374 Views, 5 Replies

Assing Wall Types to DWG layer names while exporting Revit to DWG

Hey ppl;

I've been trying to export my revit plan to dwg and wanna see wall layers as their "wall type" but export is creating all the walls as same layer name "A_WALL". The only thing i could change is common edges : A_WALL.

How can i assign wall layer names as WallType_1, WallType_2, WallType_3 etc. ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: arinc_akkin

try here?

ennujozlagam_0-1705298094460.png

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
arinc_akkin
in reply to: ennujozlagam

So i need to create new setting file. What i need is how to create setting file. My search key words are "how to create new dwg export setting file"?

Message 4 of 6
arinc_akkin

All i could get is having different layer names but i need suc cateogory or to be able to see wall types as layer name.

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-01-15 105301.png

Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

You cannot.  You can export two Wall Functions (e.g. Exterior/Interior).  

Wall Function 1.png

Message 6 of 6
arinc_akkin
in reply to: barthbradley

Maybe assign worksets for each type can solve this thing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report