Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly views

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4603 Views, 7 Replies

assembly views

Hi,

For a project we are using assemblies to create views of a few generic families.

However, these 'assembly' views seem to have huge limitations:

- in the 'assembly' plan views we can't change the view range. So there seems to be no way of determining at which height the generic model is cut in the view.

- in the section views of the assembly, we can't change the position of were the section is cut, it's position seems to be random?

We tried changing the position of the 'origin' of the assembly, but it seems to have no influence on the cut planes of either plan view or section views.

I hope someone can help us.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

They can be controlled

When you edit a assembly you can see the origin point

Front.png

When you select that point you see two arrows (x, y). The green arrow is the direction you will be seeing the object from, it defines the 'front' view.

(you can select it and rotate it if needed)

Views.png

If you make sure that in assembly views sections are enabled you can control them.

Sections.png

Also the top view can be controlled

Top.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Enlint!

It works. Somehow these section lines were filtered out or switched off in my visibility/graphics... So the only solution I could think off was moving the origin up and down to change the plan view depth..

But it seems to work nice, thanks!

Ruben

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Three years later we experienced the same problem again. It seems we understand what is going on now.

We found out that that the assemblies section views had a random workset assigned.

Since this specific workset was switched to invisible, we couldn't see the sections of the assembly.

So how did these sections of the assembly become assigned to this random workset?

Our theory is that at the moment you CREATE an assembly, it places its sections in the workset that is active (bottom of screen) at that moment.

This is specially interesting, since normally you can't even place sections in a workset! But apparently it does happen in assemblies.

So the lesson learned is: set your active workview properly before creating assemblies.

Message 5 of 8
shuaib009

@L.Maas @Anonymous I am not able to understand this work flow. is there any tutorial where I can clarify this?  

Message 6 of 8
tuah_edu

Hi all,

Thanks for demonstrating the way to control "Elevation Top" range. Is there a way to control range for plan view that is generated from an assembly? For context, I copied the previous project into the new one but the elements and its assemblies are required to be moved down one level. By moving the assembly down, all of the details and dimensions existed are no longer visible.

Message 7 of 8
elsa.koek
in reply to: L.Maas

The assembly origin is visible - but I can not control the view depth. The control lines are not visible. And I can not get theme visible either. Do you know how to get them visible?

Message 8 of 8
tuah_edu
in reply to: elsa.koek

Could you give us a screenshot so we can get a better context of your issue here?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators