Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aligned dimension for angled wall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2932 Views, 3 Replies

aligned dimension for angled wall

Aligned dimension does not work for angled wall. I tried Tab key repeatedly to get square grips (at wall core) as references. Once I click the square grip, entire wall gets highlighted. At second click linear dimension starts. I was able to get it right the very first time I tried this program but for some reason, can't get it this time.

Is here a dimension setting or a different procedure? I noted some messages going back to 2005 with identical problem with earlier versions of Revit. The fact that I got it right once before in Revit 2010, I know it can be done. Can anybody help? I am at end of my wits on this one.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello - Can you give a little more info... Or an image of what you would like to dimension.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks but I figured it out. Aligned dimension string does not appear till you pick second reference point. I was mistakenly expecting the string to appear at first click. Thanks for offer to help.

Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

Not a problem - always glad to help!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report