Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjustable gutter downspout issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mason
287 Views, 4 Replies

Adjustable gutter downspout issue

I'm building an adjustable gutter downspout and having issues with the adjustable part. I want the top part of the downspout to be adjustable so I can drag the length so that the spout at the bottom is just above grade (which varies from location to location). I got the drag handles to appear but it also moves the bottom of the downspout with it. Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? Family is attached.

I don't need the dimension "Below Gutter Straight Section" to be draggable/adjustable. I'd prefer it to be fixed actually, but I can't get the drag handles to show when it's not an instance parameter.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: mason

This work?

Message 3 of 5
mason
in reply to: barthbradley

Thanks @barthbradley! That works. So it looks like you got rid of the reference plane that was at the Ref. Level (0'-0") and replaced it with a reference line (along with some other tweaks). Thanks for your help. The way Revit handles these things seems rather unintuitive to me!

Message 4 of 5
blank...
in reply to: mason

@mason wrote:

I'm building an adjustable gutter downspout 

Pipe wouldn't work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLC3TlrOods

Message 5 of 5
mason
in reply to: blank...

I'm on Revit LT which doesn't have the pipe tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report