Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding painting to a louver

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
349 Views, 2 Replies

Adding painting to a louver

I am building a tower on revit with retail area in the podium (ground to second floor). one of the elevations has a large louvered area & a roll up shuuter door in which a coloured strip is glued on each of the louvers as well as the roller shutter door to form a large poster (see attached elevation screenshot). I need to know a way in which this poster shows on the revit model for rendering purposes. I thought of mateial appearance, but then each louver will have the whole image (It will not form a big image as a whole).  do you think there is a way to show it as one image of the whole are? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith_Wilkinson
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you try using a decal perhaps?  There would be limitations but might get you close.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-969930D8-16D9-49CB-9E7E-5D8DF10C3C2B

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on your expectations of the result I can think of different things.

First could be to do post production in Photoshop or similar.

Second, in Revit itself. Depending on view distances etc you could consider to replace your louvres with a single object that will represent your louvres. Than you could use the poster on that object. For example a family with single extrusion object and materials assigned, then used voids to get simulation of louvres.

Paint.png

Third, 3DS Max. Little experienc in 3DS max myself but the material mapping capabilities are much better there.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report