Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about family, components and walls

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eceuysalengudar
270 Views, 3 Replies

about family, components and walls

Hello 

As a begginer I would like to ask you about revit family, component and walls;

1 - What is the difference between creating a new family (file->new->family) and a component (architecture->model-> model in place) which includes also families?

2 - When you connect walls with plasters in T form (like adding internal walls to exterior walls) revit adds the plaster their intersection. Only option, I guees, to create an internal plaster is to form a new wall in 2 cm which replaces it. In this case revit suggests us (material->function) structure, finish with numbers and etc. What is the importance of this function? I haven't learnt yet the  Schedules parts but this option changes value of the quantity? I mean creating two wall layers (wall 50m2 and plaster 50 m2) effects the quantitiy (like 100 m2)? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

RE: #1 - Fundamentally, no difference.  In-Place Modeling might be easier if you are modeling a custom sized and shaped component in relationship to an existing Project element. For instance, a void to cut a System Family in a precise way.  

RE: #2 -

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-1CCD1005-CBDA-4338-8D60-489095D4BB25

Message 3 of 4

For no. 1 - in-place families are mostly used for those elements covering the whole building and / or difficult to model as a separate family. In-place families have an adverse effect on model performance.

For no. 2 - the plaster layer of the wall should be outside the Core Boundary:

Simon_Weel_0-1688384900455.png

Message 4 of 4

Oh I didnt know that. Thank you for this information that really helps me

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report