Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Revit Geometry How to hide ridge lines?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jkyselakNWPT9
205 Views, 4 Replies

3D Revit Geometry How to hide ridge lines?

Happy Friday fellow Reviters,

Quick question, is there any way to hide these ridge lines of 3D geometry? Got this comment from a client that they want to hide these lines. I just want to close this comment out and move on, but can't figure out how to do that. I modeled this element first as a flat slab and then dropped the edges to match the surrounding levels which inevitably created these ridge lines.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: jkyselakNWPT9

If it is a roof or floor then VG and hide interior edges or split lines.  If they are other component then use linework tool to apply Invisible lines in view.

Message 3 of 5

I get where your client is coming from. That doesn't look too good. Post your file and I'll show you a better way.  

Message 4 of 5

here is the geometry with the surrounding geometries. curious to what you have in mind, always down to learn something new! thanks for your time

Message 5 of 5

@jkyselakNWPT9 wrote:

here is the geometry with the surrounding geometries. curious to what you have in mind, always down to learn something new! thanks for your time

What I was thinking won't work here.  But, FWIW, what I was thinking was how we usually slope our irregular polygonal-shaped floors for drainage.  Screenshots show two identical floors with identical low points. The cleaner- looking one was created by cutting perfectly square floor with an In-Place Modeled Void. 

Irregular Polygonal Shape 1.png

Irregular Polygonal Shape 2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report