Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Family issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Darwin33
275 Views, 3 Replies

3D Family issues.

i have just create a family for a complex window sill of concrete. Basically have two slanted areas as you can see in the picture. In autocad and Rhino is quite easy, but in Revit I could only make it two extrusions, remove a volume and then place together. The difficult thing was making the 2 one that is a plane that goes througe 3 lines with differente gradiant. As I said in Rhino is easy but here I could onle make it aproximately rotating, trying and error. Is it possible to make it exact knowint the position and gradiant of the 2 lines?

Second thing is possible to have the intersections lines B and remove the tangent lines A?

Finally in the family the 3d view is perfect but when I upload it to the project then it has a corner that doesnt match? Is tehre a reason gor this?

Darwin33_0-1713888108389.png

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: Darwin33

This is a very complicated window sill. My first question is, do you even need to model this geometry? A detail of this showing the contractor what he needs to build might be better.

Can you post the family? I think removing the tangent line will be difficult with how Revit handels the extrusion, but I could be wrong.

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 4
studioZEUUW
in reply to: Darwin33

-

Message 4 of 4
Darwin33
in reply to: Tom_Kunsman

Well it is not so complicated. This can be easily made in 3ds max, Autocad 3d  and Rhino. We need to model because the manufacturer make this stones with a cast that is made with numeric control. It is not made like the old way a talented carpenter using sections to control the points. This si not possible to be paid today. Also it should be easier to draw in 3 d and then obtain the sections 2d. Finally I have made using auxiliary volumens and then deleted, but i found very tedious this way. Also working with voids Volumens is very tedious as well. I would love to use cutting planings it is much more easier. Also here is the family. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report