Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day free trial ok for commercial use???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
6865 Views, 5 Replies

30 day free trial ok for commercial use???

Hello!

I just installed Revit 2016 free trial version. It seems to work.

Is it safe to use on a current real commercial project? Or will it corrupt the project somehow- similar to the educational version?

If I can I would really like to use it on the real project, and hopefully buy a license after the trial runs out (and use the work I have generated during the free trial).

Thanks so much for your answer!

Anke

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be OK for that.  Watch for version compatibility issues - you don't want to migrate something forward that still needs to be worked with your current version.  Another thing to watch out for is the trial license is Desktop/stand-alone only.  If you are planning on using network licensing you'll likely need to re-install (more preferably, build a deployment).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Oooh- Thanks so much for the quick response!

The project is in Revit 2016 also- so no problem with compatibility. But I had not known about stand-alone vs network installation. The license I want to buy after the trial is a month-to-month license, and I believe those are single user licenses.

So now I wonder:

1) Can I use the trial version on a project that other users (on a networking license) are working on at the same time?

2) Can I use the monthly license on a project that other users (on a networking license) are working on at the same time??

Or is this not an issue for me since both the trial version and the monthly license are not network licenses?

Thanks again!

Anke

Message 4 of 6
edwin.prakoso

As long as you are using the same version, it should be ok.

The products are the same, it's just the license type that different. 

Cheers,
Edwin Prakoso
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Keith_Wilkinson

The 'trial' version is exactly the same as the purchased version so there are no compatibility issues when you purchase your license.  

Bear in mind however that the trial license expressly says that 'they are not to be used for commercial or for-profit purposes'.  

I heard about a firm once that delivered a project using Rhino just using trial licenses and moving from one machine to another when the trial period ran out (in the case of Rhino it's limited on the number of saves you get) - they then stood up at a conference and told everyone what they had done... McNeel not best pleased!!  (not for one moment suggesting this is what the OP is planning, just a tale on how some people abuse trial licenses... )  ;o)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 6 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Keith_Wilkinson

Good point.  Its something of a grey area along the lines of using EDU content in a personal portfolio.  As long as it's not abused like your example, and the intention is to purchase the license it shouldn't be an issue.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report