Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-level link structure & design option problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zhuliyi0
321 Views, 2 Replies

3-level link structure & design option problem

I have a model that has three levels of link structure, it is not working well with design options inside links. Say the top level model is a site model, there are 3 link instances of a building model (building A B C). Inside the building model, there are 3 link instances of a building level model (level 1 2 3), and three design options (option 1 2 3). Each design option contains 1 of the 3 level instances of building level. What I want to achieve is to set building A showing level 1, building B showing level 2, and building C showing level 3, using design options inside these instances. I set design options for each building instances, but the site model view shows ALL building level instances, of all design options.

I did a little trouble shooting. First I try to add non-links (like walls) into design options, and these work as normal. If I put walls into option 1, and set option 2 showing, the site model won't show the wall, but still shows all the links inside all options. Then, inside the building model, I created three views, each set the visibility of each  level links in the same rule, go back to the site model, set each building instance using linked view. This time IT WORKED.

In my real projects there will be 30+building levels inside a building model, and I was hoping to use design option to control, so only one model is needed for multiple buildings that has the same floor plan but different number of levels. Is there a work-around? Or a fix?

Image below shows link structure:

微信截图_20190426195334.png

And this is how I changed link visibility and worked:

微信截图_20190426195157.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zhuliyi0
in reply to: zhuliyi0

No one is helping?

Message 3 of 3
zhuliyi0
in reply to: zhuliyi0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report