Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Render features disabled

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2317 Views, 11 Replies

2018 Render features disabled

Hello all,

IT just built me a new computer and I reinstalled Revit. I had 2017 but since 2018 is out now I thought I'd upgrade. Everything went swimmingly except that now my rendering library is missing. I have looked and looked and looked but there is nothing on the forums or Autodesks website that has been able to help. I have followed every troubleshooting guide over the past 2 days and cannot seem to remedy the situation. Alas, I come to you for assistance.Revit Render Library Disabled.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I did that. It didn't work. Any other suggestions? I have a terrible GPU in my new computer. GTX 210. Could that be the issue?

Message 4 of 12
dgorsman

Ugh... shouldn't affect rendering or installs but... just... ugh.  Smiley Sad  You did say they built you a NEW computer, right?

Chances are, AV/anti-malware/etc. is hoisting you by your own petard.  When you do a repair install (or original install), ensure you have at least local admin rights and the protection mechanisms are temporarily disabled.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I know. I have been fighting them on that for weeks. They "built" me a "custom" computer so I could use this program. They really just went to the HP website and ordered a bare-bones i7-6700 (no K) with 8GB of RAM and no GPU. Then proceeded to tell me that minimum specs allowed for this $1300 abomination. I think they are ordering me a 4GB GTX 1050 and 8 more GB of memory but I haven't heard anything solid on that front yet. 

Regardless. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Message 6 of 12
ToanDN

@Anonymous@Anonymous wrote:

I know. I have been fighting them on that for weeks. They "built" me a "custom" computer so I could use this program. They really just went to the HP website and ordered a bare-bones i7-6700 (no K) with 8GB of RAM and no GPU. Then proceeded to tell me that minimum specs allowed for this $1300 abomination. I think they are ordering me a 4GB GTX 1050 and 8 more GB of memory but I haven't heard anything solid on that front yet. 

Regardless. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Wow, why does that $250 abomination cost $1300?  Where do you live?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Toan,

Omaha, and I have no clue. I just built a brand new Ryzen 5 1600x rig for $500/parts laying around, and that thing is a beast! This box is very underwhelming. My IT department is stuck in 2007. They are older men who talk about the good old days instead of researching new technology. 

Do you have any idea how to fix my original problem? You've always been able to help me and I'd love your input.

Message 8 of 12
ToanDN

If you already downloaded the installation file fully, run extract it to a folder and:

1. In Windows Explorer or File Explorer, browse to the extracted folder, and open the following folders:
    • ..\Content\ADSKMaterials\<release>\CM
    • ..\Content\ADSKMaterials\<release>\ILB
  2. Run the Microsoft Installer (MSI) files located in the two folders and accept the default values.

If you have not downloaded the installation file then do download it again.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Per usual, you never cease to amaze me. Thank you so much for the concise and easy explanation on how to fix the issue I was having. Everything is running as it should and I am not receiving "Render feature disabled" notification anymore. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

When I try to run the installer....it's running after the few seconds..it's showing source file not found..and verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
So ..what should I do...next... please help me with this....
Message 11 of 12
rdw
Contributor

Could you please post your computer specs?

My company just built me a computer to do some nice renderings with and now i am into my first model and it wont render it out.  I have lowered the settings to only be for a 8.5x11 at medium quiality with 150 dpi and my computer cant handle it.   We purchased this computer per the "Performance: Large, complex models" requirements.  

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: rdw

I have:

i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz

HP Z240 Motherboard

16 GB DDR4 2133mhz RAM

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5

1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD

It's not the best computer out there but it will handle basic renders. I don't try to render on High or Realistic settings. My IT dept put it together without consulting me. I wish they would have let me build it because I could have done it better, cheaper. But, c'est la vie.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report