Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 use baluster per tread on stair (with no top rail?)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jledgewood409
557 Views, 2 Replies

2015 use baluster per tread on stair (with no top rail?)

I am trying to create a stair railing system that has only Balusters and no top rail. I would like to use the "use baluster per tread on stair" and have two balusters per tread. but when I attempt this with no top rail the baluster is only a few inches tall. so I created a top rail profile using invisible lines and made the top rail really small. with this top rail it works but the top rail shows in every view even though it says its using invisible lines. could use some help. would like to not have the top rail if possible.

I am attaching a file that shows both examples

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: jledgewood409

I understand you have a question about creating a stair railing that only display the balusters in Revit. The quickest way would be to turn off Rails under Visibility/Graphics. See the attached image for details. If you have multiple view where you do not what to see the top rail you could create a View Template in a view where you turned off the rail and apply it elsewhere.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have follow up questions or comments. I have also attached your file (re-named) where I turned off the rail. Take a look in Level 2.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
jledgewood409
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thank you, the other day I tried that and I didnt see a change and thats why I posted this message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report