Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View extensible storage data in revit

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1244 Views, 2 Replies

View extensible storage data in revit

Hello guys,

I have followed this tutorial Extensible Storage Tutorial, to add some data (E.g. url) to a wall in a project. I was successfully able to save the data and retrieve it within Revit API. Now, my question is if there's a way how to view the added data to the wall in the graphic interface of Revit? in other words, is it possible to view added data to elements using Extensible Storage in Revit in normal user mode?

I hope my question is not too silly, am new to the field.

thank you in advance.

Note: am using Revit 2018.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthew_taylor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

If you wanted to view the data in a dialog, then a TaskDialog (or a custom form/dialog) would work.

If you wanted to view the data as a tooltip, then something like Jeremy's WinToolTip would probably work nicely. (http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2017/01/uiview-windows-coordinate-referenceintersector-tool...)

Cheers,

-Matt
in reply to: matthew_taylor

Hello Matthew,

That's definitely a good idea, I didn't think of this possibility as I was thinking there was already some functionality implemented in Revit's elements to view extensible storage.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community